🌪 TL;DR Section 🌪
TL;DR Section is a little lighter than the last two, but they were real bumper editions, so if you’re still looking for interesting stuff, then give the last couple another read here, and here.
- Be SURE to download the first episode of a great new podcast – What Goes Around? – from Love Will Save The Day crew Eamon Murtagh and Anne Frankenstein. The first episode is an interview with The Wrongtom (hi mate!), and the series looks at the stories of music lovers, rather than those of music makers. It’s going to be excellent
- There’s new music from Richard D. James
- Faith is coming back!
- On a Balearic note, I’m gutted to have missed out on this. Anyone know where I could find a copy?
- Gilles P’s 6 Music show last week was incredible
- Radiohead are adding loads of old concert footage to their YouTube channel (thanks Stopforth for the nod on this)
- On another podcast note, the new series from Melissa Harrison – The Stubborn Light Of Things – would, at first, appear to be massively off topic (it’s about nature), but I think you’ll enjoy it as much as I do. It’s a lovely medicine for these times
- Watch this classic Boiler Room Collections interview with Daniele Baldelli
- The excellent jazz I like series is on it’s seventh edition
- Erykah Badu is hosting a series of interactive lockdown gigs (the next one is this Saturday)
- Eliza Rose’s Diggers Directory entry (and mixtape) for STW is great – UKG vibes all the way
- Gormley, Perry, and Deller have put together a little activity pack to keep your brain whirring along while we’re in isolation
- There’s a new mixtape from Octo Octa that’s excellent
- On a final but important note, I’m massively dwelling on this fantastic essayfrom Jeremy Larson for Pitchfork. More (properly thought out) notes next week…