📚 The notes 📚
Shiv and I always see holidays as opportunities to explore (with a bit of relaxation too, I suppose), and one of the reasons we were so keen to visit Sri Lanka is immerse ourselves in a new culture. I love the feeling of being dropped into a new world and everything feeling like an alternate reality.
I’ll also be reading a bunch too, so instead of rambling notes, you can have my rambling holiday reading list instead 😃.
- I’ll be finishing Mark ‘Snowboy’ Cotgrove’s excellent book on the evolution of jazz dance, jazz funk, and acid jazz. For anyone with an interest in ‘modern’ jazz, I cannot recommend this book highly enough. It’s filled with stories, interviews, and endless recommendations of music too.
- I’ve just started Champagne Supernovas, which is a short history of the 90s fashion revolution, told through the stories of Alexander McQueen, Kate Moss, and Marc Jacobs. So far it’s excellent, and makes for interesting reading alongside the recent reviews and furore around Hedi Slimane’s first show at Celine.
- I’ve never read Hell’s Angels by Hunter S. Thompson, but I’ve always wanted to, so that’s getting read too.
- I’ll also have the Leifur James album A Louder Silence on repeat, as it’s beautiful.
- I might also try to sneak Catcher in the Rye in too, given I’ve never read it…
Any book, music, or Sri Lanka suggestions, I’d love you to fire them through. And as always, if you’ve read to here, thanks for indulging me ❤️.
See you on the dance floor.
Love Will Save the Day